Here you can prepare votes that you want to hold during your presentation. You can either create a fully customized poll by clicking "Create", or use one of the many predefined polls as a basis by clicking "Create from Template".
The following customizations can be made:
- Question: Enter the question you want to vote on here.
- Answer Type: Choose between single and multiple choice, depending on whether only one or more answers per participant should be selectable.
- Is Quiz: Activate this checkbox if the poll has one (or more) correct answers and should therefore be carried out as a quiz. For quizzes, a checkbox appears next to each answer to mark the correct answer. IMPORTANT: After saving, a quiz cannot be converted back into a poll and vice versa. To do so, it must be edited by clicking on "Duplicate".
- Start after: Automatically start the poll after a countdown. Delay poll start for X seconds. This only applies when the poll is set to automatically start on a specific slide (configurable in SlideLizard menu bar), not when started manually.
- Close after: Automatically finish poll. Block further votes after X seconds. This only applies when the poll is set to automatically run on a specific slide (configurable in SlideLizard menu bar), not when started manually.
- Chart Type: Decide whether the result should be displayed as a column, bar or pie chart. Pie charts are particularly suitable for few possible answers, e.g. "Yes" and "No".
- Answer image: Decide how pictures or emojis which you can optionally add to each answer should be displayed.
- Answers: Each answer requires a text and can optionally contain an image or emoji (click on the respective symbol to the left of the text). To add more answers, press the Enter key or the plus symbol at the bottom right. By holding down and dragging the symbol with the two arrows, you can change the order of the answers.
With SlideLizard you can completely automate to start polls at specific slides and show the results afterwards . To do so, check out this article: How to automatically conduct polls on specific slides.
TIP: So-called "icebreaker questions" are very useful to familiarize the audience with SlideLizard and to start the presentation interactively. Creative ideas & tips can be found at slidelizard.com/blog/icebreaker-polls