You can uninstall SlideLizard like any other Windows software as usual. A previous deactivation of SlideLizard is NOT necessary.
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner and type “uninstall” in the search box and select “Apps & Features”.
- Enter “SlideLizard” in the search box in the opened window.
- Click on the first SlideLizard entry and select “Uninstall”.
- Confirm the action with “Yes”.
- Carry out steps 3-4 for the second SlideLizard entry as well
Problems with uninstalling
In rare cases, a flaw in PowerPoint may cause SlideLizard to still be displayed in PowerPoint even after uninstalling. If this is the case, carry out the following steps:
- In PowerPoint go to the settings (File > Options)
- Select “Add-Ins” in the sidebar
- Click “Go…” next to “COM Add-Ins”
- Now select SlideLizard in the dialog and click “Remove”
If this does not work, either because SlideLizard is still visible or because PowerPoint crashes while removing (unfortunately this is a bug of PowerPoint itself), you can do the following:
- Open the Windows file explorer and enter %localappdata%\Apps in the address bar
- Afterwards delete the folder 2.0 (this is where Windows stores data for caching so that it doesn’t have to download them from the internet every time – data from SlideLizard might still be present here). If you get an error while deleting, please close all open programs and File-Explorer Windows and try again.
Finally please restart your PC to ensure all temporary data is deleted.